Areas of Interest
- Planning, Design & Analysis of Civil Works of SHP, Planning, Design & Analysis of Civil Works of SHP, Related Software Development, Related Software Development
|2001-09-21||17 years 3 months||Senior Scientific Officer||AHEC|
|1984-10-19||16 years 11 months 1 day||Scientist A/B||AHEC|
|B.E.||Civil Engg.||University of Roorkee.||1983|
|M.E.||Civil Engg.||University of Roorkee.||1990|
- Indian Water Resources Society, Member
- Indian Geo-Technical Society, Member
- Indian Concrete Institute, Member
- Indian Society of Earthquake Technology , Member
- Indian Society of Technical Education, Member
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Cost - Effective Design for Micro Hydropower Schemes||Shri Shirish Gupta|
|Optimum Design of Small Hydro Power Stations for Hilly Areas with Particular Reference to Manipur St||Shri N.Dwijen Singh|
|Governing and Control Of Hydropower Plant Using Neural Network||Shri Abhinai Madeshia|
|Optimum Selection of Hydro Mechanical Equipment for SHP Stations||Shri Manoj Kumar Jaiswal|
|Optimisation of SHP Schemes in Uttaranchal||Shri Charlie Fulzele|
|Techno-Economic Study for Micro Hydro Turbine Governing Systems||Shri Vivek Agarwal|
|Evaluation of Different Velocity Measurement Methods of Turbine Testing||Shri Naveen Kumar Gupta|
|The Effect on Water of Tunia River due to Pollution of the Industrialization and Urbanization||Shri Dhwajendra Nath Das|
|Computer aided Planning of Canal Based SHP Projects||Shri Pankaj Rawat|
|Renewable Energy Development of Andhra Pradesh using GIS software||Shri D. Ravindra Naik|
|Designing of hydro turbine using CFD||Shri Gaurav Tayal|
|Study of Impact of Domestic Sewage and Industrial Effluent on Water Quality of River Bharalu||Shri Rajesh Baruah|
|Techno Economic Evaluation of Various Wastewater Treatment Plants||Shri Sanjeev Kumar|
|Transient Simulation of a Hydropower Plant||Shri Shiv Shankar Lal|
|Performance Evaluation of Decentralized Wastewater Treatment Systems in North India||Shri Amrish Kumar Singh|
|Techno Economic Analysis of Decentralized STPS (Dewats) for Peripheral area in Chennai||Shri K. Balasubramanian|
|GIS Based Distribution System Planning||Ms. Priyanka Dixit|
|GIS Based Master Plan of Small Hydro Power for Maharshtra State||Shri Bhale Ganesh Shankarrao|
|ANN based Governing and Controlling of SHP||Shri Challa Mohana Krishna|
|Sensitivity of Different Clearances in SHP Development||Shri .P. Ramaswamy|
|Development of Simulator for High Head SHP Plant||Shri Nikil Kumar|
|GIS Based Reconfiguration of Distribution System||Ms. Venkata Ramasita Balusu|
|Conservation of Kanke Lake||Shri Arsashd Ali|
|Development of Distribution System for Village Electrification||Shri Ravindhar Banothu|
|Simulation of Small Hydro Power Plants||Shri Lakshman Kumar|
|Optimal Planning of Distributed Generation Systems||Ms. S. N. V. Rama Anusha Mandavilli|
|Impact of Renewable Energy In Desert District of Rajasthan||Ms. Ila Dashora|
|Conservation Plant For Hasdeo River||Shri Saurabh Soni|
|Simulation of Mini Hydro Power Plants||Shri Arun S|
|Steady State Analysis of Electronic Load Controller for 3-Phase Alternator||Shri Dibyendu Das|
|Improved Design of Earthing System||Shri Mehta Arjunsingh Ashok|
|CFD Based Performance Analysis of Modified Pump Used as Turbine||Shri Anuj Kumar|
|CFD Based Performance Analysis of Kaplan Turbine for Micro Hydro Rang||Shri Alok Mishra|
|Optimized Planning for Dev Elopement of Small Hydro Power Projects in High Altitude Area||Shri Lengminal Singson|
|Performance Evaluation of Bhoj Wetland Conservation Plan||Shri Ompraksh|
|Conservation Plan for Hindon River||Shri Ashish Ranjan|
|Hydropower Development in LAOS||Dr. Arun Kumar|
|Flow Analysis of Penstock Using CFD||Shri Sudhanshu Kumar|
|Investigation of Heat Transfer Augmentation by Using ARC Shaped RIBS with Gap in Solar Air Heater Du||Ms. Uttara Shakya|
|Bio Indexing of Gomti River in Lucknow Region using Fish Assemblage||Shri Anil Sharma|
|Conservation Plan of Hindon River in between Muzaffarnagar and Ghaziabad||Shri Samarth Sharma|
|Computer AIDES optimized selection and design of sewage treatment plant for a community||Shri Pankaj Kumar Dahayat|
|Conservation Plan of Hindon River is between Ghaziabad and Delhi||Shri Prabhakar Shukla|
|Solid Waste Management of Jaipur City||Shri Abhishek Jain|
|Impact of Polluted River Kali (East) on Groundwater of Meerut||Ms. Shilpa Yadav|
|Water Supply System Optimization for Khartoum State||Shri Mohamed Atia Yousif|
|Assimilative Capacity of Najafgarh Drain New Delhi||Ms. Kritika Kaushik|
|Optimized Planning of Sewage Treatment Plants for Delhi||Ms. Ruby Raju|
|Effect of Industrial Pollution on Groundwater and Related Health Issues in Bhagwanpur, Dist Haridwar||Shri Aseem Pal Singh|
|Optimized Planning of Smart Grid System for IIT Roorkee Campus||Shri Rajesh Kumar|
|Performance Evaluation of Fuel Cell Based Distributed Generation System||Shri Prashnajit Behera|
|Optimization of Biomass Briquetting System Used for Power Generation||Shri Dani Nikhil Sadashiv|
|Performance Evaluation of Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion System||Shri Anoop Kumar Kushwaha|
|Performance Evaluation of Livelihood Activities in Bagheswar district, Uttarakhand||Shri Prashant Bhardwaj|
|Impact Analysis of Government Policies for SHP Development in India||Shri Mayank Kumar|
|Impact Analysis of Working Fluid on the Performance of Geothermal Power Plant||Shri Sanjay Lakra|
|Efficient Management of Electrical Energy Systems of STPs||Shri Utkarsh Srivastava|
|CFD Based Performance Analysis of Coating on Francis Runner Eroded Due to Cavitation||Shri Amandeep Metha|
|CFD based Performance Analysis of Reaction Turbine||Shri Siladitya Beg|
|Optimized Selection of Urban landfill Sites for Tarkwa Municipality in Ghana Using Remote Sensing an||Shri Saifudeen S. Iliasu|
|Efficient Use of Mechanical Equipments Used in STPs||Shri Shubham Jain|
|Optimized planning for Hydro Projects Using Remote Sensing and GIS Technique||Shri Ajeet Singh|
|Numerical Analysis Based Performance Evaluation of Pump gas Turbine||Shri Satish Chand|
|Investigation of Cavitation in Hydro Turbines||Shri Yatish Kaushal|
|An Efficient Methodology for wind Potential Assessment for Andhra Pradesh||Shri P. Sunil Babu|
|Performance Investigation of a Hybrid Solar Photovoltaic Thermal Collector Having Turbulators in the||Shri Joshi Ram|
|Experimental Study of Silt Erosion in Hydro Turbine||Shri Abhishek Rajput|
|GIS Integrated Hydropower Assessment||Ms. Meenakshi Verma|
|Demand Side Management in Smart Grid for Energy Saving||Shri Ravi Kumar|
|Design for Solar Photovoltaic System for Remote Communication Lines||Shri Prabhat Kumar Jha|
|Mitigation of Power quality Issues in Solar Photovoltaic System||Ms. Yerra Bindu|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Study of Hydro-Abrasive Erosion in Hydro Turbine Under Different Operating Conditions||Shri Saurabh Sangal||O||2016-07-08|
|Investigation on Optimal Design of Diversion Weir for Small Hydro-power Projects||Shri Vaibhav Mohan Das||O||2016-12-26|
|Development of Methodology for Estimation of Wind Energy Potential||Shri Penugonda Sunil Babu||O||2017-07-07|
|Biodiesel Production and Utilization||Shri Sandeep Kumar||O||2017-12-28|
|Environment Conservation||Shri Mohammed Faizan||O||2018-01|
Refereed Journal Papers
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS
- Sangal Saurabh, Saini R.P. and, Singhal, M. K., “Hydro-Abrasive Erosion in Hydro Turbines: a Review”, International Journal of Green Energy ISSN: 1543-5075 (Print) 1543-5083 (Online) Journal homepage: http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ljge20, 212 Feb. 2018.
- Singhal M.K. and Arun Kumar, (2016) “A New Approach for Design of Desilting Tanks for Hydro Power Projects”, International Journal of Advanced Renewable Energy Researches (IJARER).Vol. 2, Issue. 9, pp. 13-29, 2016.
- Singhal M.K. and Arun Kumar, (2015) “Optimum Design of Penstock for Hydro Projects”, International Journal for Energy and Power Engineering (2015) Volume 4, Issue 4 , August 2015, Pages:216-226: 10.11648/j.ijepe.20150404.14
- Behera Prashnajit and Singhal M.K., “Modeling and control of a grid connected PAFC Ultracapacitor hybrid system” International Journal of emerging technology and advanced Engineering (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 certified journal, Volume 5, Issue 5th May , 2015
- Jain Abhishek and Singhal M.K., “An Analysis of Treatment Options for Solid Waste by Characterization and Composition Study-A Case of Jaipur City” International Journal of Emerging Trends in Science and Technology, IJETST-VOLUME//01//ISSUE//03// PAGES 374-373//MAY //ISSN 2348-9480 May 2014
- Uttara Shakya, R.P. Saini and M.K. Singhal “A Review on Artificial roughness Geometry for Enhancement of Heat Transfer and Friction Characteristic on Roughened Duct of Solar Air Heater” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, June 06, 2013.
- H. Gwyn Rees, Karen M. Croker, Mukesh K. Singhal, Arun K. Saraf, Arun Kumar, Maxine D. Zaidman and Alan Gustard. (2003) “Flow Regime Estimation for Small-Scale Hydropower Development in Himachal Pradesh” Journal of Applied Hydrology Vol. XV, No. 2&3, PP 77-90.
- N. Dwizen Singh, Satyendra Mittal, M.K. Singhal (1999) “ Standardisation of Dicken’s Coefficient for Estimation of Flood Discharge for catchments of Manipur State of India” Journal of Indian Water Resources Society, Vol. 19(5), No. 2, April, 1999.
- S.K. Mittal and M.K. Singhal (1995), "Use of Personal Computers in Mini Hydro Electric Project", Bhagirathi Journal of Central Water Commission, PP 19-23, Jan. – March 1995.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS IN CONFERENCES
- Gopal Chauhan, Arun Kumar, M.K. Singhal and P.K. Jain (1986), "Design & Construction of Gates for Small Scale Hydropower", published in proceeding of 3rd International Symposium on Wave, Tidal OTEC & Small Scale Hydro Energy, PP 1ou07-114, during May 14-16, 1986 at Brighton, England.
- D. Das, Arun Kumar, N.K. Saxena and M.K. Singhal (1987), "Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete Penstock for Small Hydro Projects", Seminar on Potential and Development of Small/Micro Hydel Energy Systems in the Himalayan Regions, Roorkee.
- N.K. Saxena & M.K. Singhal (1988), "Design of Turbo Generator Foundations", published in the proceeding of Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC –88) organized at Allahabad during Dec. 1988.
- M.K. Singhal and N.K. Saxena (1988), "Small Hydro Energy Schemes", Construction Technology in Twenty First Century: Research Directions, National Conference at Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee.
- N.K. Saxena and M.K. Singhal (1988), "Trash Racks for Small Hydro Energy Systems", Fourth National Convention of Chemical Engineers, Roorkee.
- S.K. Singhal, M.K. Singhal and N.K. Saxena (1989), "Low Cost Civil Design for Mini & Micro Hydel Projects", National Solar Energy Convention, Udaipur.
- M.K. Singhal and N.K. Saxena (1991), "Management of Small Hydro Projects using Personal Computer", published in proceeding of Symposium on Planning Control & Management of Construction Projects Organised by Institution of Engineers at Roorkee during Feb. 1991.
- M.K. Singhal, G.C. Nayak, Gopal Chauhan, Nariendra Puri (1991) “ Computed Aided Design of Fixed Wheel Vertical lift Gate”, National Seminar on Gates and Valves, Delhi.
- V.K. Gupta, S. K. Kaushik and M.K. Singhal (1994), "SFRC Application in Bridge Deck Repairs", published in the proceeding of National Seminar on Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Products held at KNIT, Sultanpur during Jan. 28-29, 1994.
- M.K. Singhal and Arun Kumar (1998), "Private Sector Participation - An Introspection", National Seminar on Renewable Energy held at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Arun Kumar, A.K. Saraf, M.K. Singhal and T.K. Raghuvanshi (2000) “GIS Based Assessment of Hydropower Potential in Himachal Pradesh” National Seminar on SHP Development in H.P. held at Shimla.
- Arun Kumar, M.K. Singhal (1999) “Hydro Power Assessment for Small Ungauged Catchments in Himalayan Region” Published in the proceeding of International Conference on Map India 99 organized by ISRO & CSDMS at New Delhi during Aug. 24-26, 1999.
- Singhal M.K., Singh S.N., Kumar Arun (2005), “Development of Stage Third Micro Hydro Power Project (2 x 25 kW) on Karmi Gad in District Bageshwar” presented in workshop on “2 days exchange Program to Gain Experience on Small Hydro Power Development and modified water mill “Organized by Uttaranchal Renewable Development Agency during June 1-2, 2005 at District Bageshwar, Uttaranchal
- Singh S.N., Singhal M.K., Kumar Arun (2005), “ Case Study of Siyan Gad Mini Hydro Power Project (2 x 100 kW) Development in District “Uttarkashi” presented in workshop on “2 days exchange Program to Gain Experience on Small Hydro Power Development and modified water mill” organized by Uttaranchal Renewable Development Agency during June 1-2, 2005 at District Bageshwar, Uttaranchal
- Singhal M.K., Singh S.P., Rawat Pankaj (2005), “Integrated Use of Softwares for Selection of Turbines of Small Hydro Power Projects at Canal Falls, presented in 6th International conference on “Development of Hydropower –A Major Source of Renewable Energy” organized by International Association on Electricity Generation Transmission & Distribution (Afro-Asion Region) during June 7-9, 2005 at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Arun Kumar, M.K. Singhal, Sejal Kunchwar (2005), “Small Hydro Power Project “Issues, Constraints and Suggested Measures” Presented in the International Workshop on “ Conserving Hill and Mountain Ecology” Organized by United States Educational Foundation in India during Aug.23-25, 2005 at Shimla.
- M.K.Singhal and Arun Kumar, (2006) “Cost Benching for Civil Structures of Micro/Mini Hydro Electric Projects Located in Uttaranchal”, Himalayan small hydro Summit, Dehradun, Oct. 12-13, 2006.
- D. Ravindra Naik, Arun Kumar, and M.K. Singhal (2006), “Design Strategies of Renewable Energy Development using GIS Software” published in proceeding of National Conference on Energy Alternative for Rural Sector, Page 148-155 organized at IDC Foundation, during April 27-28, 2006 at New Delhi.
- Renu Bhargava, M.K. Singhal and Sanjeev Kumar “Optimization of Sewage Treatment Technologies on the Basis of life cycle cost analysis(LCCA)” National Seminar on Conservation and restoration of Lakes (CAROL-2008) (Organized by NIH Roorkee in Collaboration with NEERI, Nagpur) during Oct. 16-17, 2008 at Nagpur (Maharashtra).
- Sanjeev Kumar, Renu Bhargava and M.K. Singhal “ Techno evaluation of various existing STPs in India –A case study” National Seminar on Conservation and restoration of Lakes (CAROL-2008) (Organized by NIH Roorkee in Collaboration with NEERI, Nagpur) during Oct. 16-17, 2008 at Nagpur (Maharashtra).
- Priyanka Dixit ,J.D. Sharma and M.K. Singhal “Optimum Routing of Distribution system Network Using GIS and Remote Sensing Technology” Submission of Full paper in 15th National Power System Conference “NPSC-2008 during Dec.16-18, 2008, IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
- J.D. Sharma, M.K. Singhal and Priyanka Dixit “GIS and GPS based Preliminary Distribution system planning” Submission of Full paper in National Conference on Emerging Trends and Advances in Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy’ “NCEEERE during Dec. 12-22, 2008 at Sikkim.
- M.K. Singhal and M. Rama Anusha “Optimal planning of Distributed Generation System” Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Renewable Energy (ICARE-2010), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Jun 24-26, 2010.
- S.N. Singh, M.K. Singhal and Ravindhar Banothu “Village Electrification and Distribution System” Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Renewable Energy (ICARE-2010), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Jun 24-26, 2010.
- M.K. Singhal and Sarika Arun“ Technical Feasibility by using Ret- Screen Software for Small Hydro Power Project” Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Renewable Energy (ICARE-2010), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Jun 24-26, 2010.
- D.L. Kumar, M.K. Singhal and D.K. Khatod, “Simulation of small hydro power plant”, International Conference on Advances in Renewable Energy (ICARE-2010), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Jun 24-26, 2010.
- N. Dutt, M.K. Singhal and D.K. Khatod, “Review of simulation analysis in SHP simulator for medium head application” International Conference on Advances in Renewable Energy (ICARE-2010), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Jun 24-26, 2010.
- Mehta, A. A., Singh, S. N., Singhal, M. K., “Earthing System Design for Small Hydropower (SHP) Station – A Review”, 2011 International Conference on Product Development and Renewable Energy Resources (ICPDRE 2011), pp. 163 – 168, Feb 19 – 20, 2011 (Sponsored by IEEE).
- Mishra A., Saini R.P. and, Singhal, M. K., “CFD Based performance Analysis of Kaplan Turbine for Micro hydro Power”, International Conference on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (ICMIE) , 17 June 2012.
- Anuj Kumar, Saini R.P. and Singhal M.K., “ CFD analysis for performance of Modified Pump Used as Turbine” proceeding of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (ETME-2012), Department of Mechanical & Automobile Engineering, ITM University, Gurgaon, Haryana (India), pp 450, June 01, 2012
- Ashish Ranjan and M.K. Singhal “Water quality assessment and conservation strategies for the upper stretch of Hindon river – a tributary of Yamuna, India, Int. J. Water, Vol. X no. Y DOI: 10.1504/IJW.2014.064224
- Saurabh Sangal, M.K. Singhal, and Dr. R.P. Saini “ CFD Based Analysis of Silt Erosion in Kaplan Hydraulic Turbine”, Proceedings of the 22th National and 11th International ISHMT-ASME Head and Mass Transfer conference Dec. 28-31, IIT Kharagpur
- Prabhakar Shukla, M.K. Singhal and Shahid Ul Islam “ Conservation Plan of Hindon River in – between Ghaziabad and Delhi” The Institution of Engineers, Odisha State Centre, All India Seminar on Recent Advances in Thermal Engg. (RATE-2014), 11-12 January, 2014. Bhubneshwar, Odisha.
- Shilpa Yadav and M.K. Singhal, “Impact of Polluted Surface Waterbody on Surrounding Ground Water Aquifers” The All India Conference on Waste Management &Pollution Control [WMPC-2014] held on 7th & 8th March 2014 at Institution of Engineers (I), Local Center. Belgaum
- Jain Abhishek and M.K. Singhal, “ Waste Minimization” International Conference on “ Agriculture,, Food Engineering and Environmental Sciences - Sustainable Approaches” (AFEESSA-2014) on 29th & 30th March, 2014 was organized by Krishi Sanskriti at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Alok Nikhade, Mukesh K, Singhal “ A Detailed Review of Tidal Stream Turbines” proceeding of international conference on Advance Trends in Engineering & technology (ICATET-2014), 18-19 April 2014 , ISBN 978-81-925882-2-3
- Penugonda Sunil Babu, Saini R.P. and, Singhal, M. K., “Scope of Wind Energy in India: A Review”, International Conference on 21st Century Energy Needs – Materials, Systems and Applications, Nov. 17-19, 2016.
- Sangal Saurabh, Saini R.P. and Singhal, M. K., “CFD based analysis of silt Erosion in Kaplan Hydraulic Turbine”, International Conference on Signal processing, Communication, Power and Embedded System (SCOPES) 2016 978-1-5090-4620-1/16/$31.00© 2016 IEEE, on Nov. 23, 2017.
- Yerra Bindu, Khatod D.K. and Singhal, M. K., “Mitigation of Power Quality Issues in Solar Photovoltaic Systems”, International Conference on Recent Innovations in Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering - (ICRIEECE) during 27th and 28th July 2018 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.